Connecting Medicine :: Acupuncture
At the clinic we work actively with your body, tracking the response of your body to the Acupuncture treatment over your appointment to get to the root of the problem.
Acupuncture uses a system of points that occur along the organ channels; these channels link the organs, limbs, tissues, emotions and senses. This lies at the heart of how acupuncture treats conditions that cause pain, discomfort, weakness, congestion, itchiness and enable us to rebalance the fluid and energy in your body
At the clinic we offer 5 different types; we will choose the type most suited to your needs at that time:
- Five Element Acupuncture -is avery gentle and effective style of Acupuncture based on Five Element Theory. It goes to the heart of the body’s imbalance and gently rebalances, unblocks and strengthens your inner core with some surprising and unexpected health benefits. It combines Acupuncture with Moxa - a herb that nourishes your energy and blood – feel the difference and walk out with peace and renewed inner strength in mind, body and spirit.
- Meridian Style Acupuncture– each organ has an energy path that transverses the body. A blockage along one or more energy paths can result in pain. By judicious selection of points to unblock the energy pathways (called the Qi cycle), pain relief can be achieved in the short and for the long term. It is a bit like a flickering light bulb in which the electric flow waxes and wanes instead of providing a steady flow to charge your body’s metabolism.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine - a system that is commonly used to harness the relationships between the 5 Organ systems to alleviate debilitating symptoms; the needles are inserted in selected points and left for 30 minutes
- Master Tung Acupuncture - a unique system of acupuncture points for those chronic physical symptoms that are difficult to resolve.
- Laser Acupuncture the energy of the point with low level laser light and so avoids using needles. This helps to reduce inflammation and the associated pain. Laser helps increase circulation and regenerate tissue and peripheral nerves. Laser Acupuncture targets the physical level of the body.